As a data engineer, backend at Kapitus, you will be working with other engineers to design well-crafted data systems. If you are someone who believes in a strong engineering culture, agile practices, and quality code Kapitus is the kind of environment you are looking for. Your contributions will empower Kapitus to continue helping small business owners find lending options so they can make payroll during tough times, scale to meet market demands, and making large purchases to scale their operations.
What You'll be Doing
- Creating and maintaining data pipelines for various business consumers
- Maintaining legacy systems with efforts focused on modernization
- Modernizing / eliminating legacy code with cloud based, modern solutions
- Designing and building ETL solutions for both internal and external data sources
- Helping with system administration tasks and production debugging
- Working with various internal consumers of data to define the architecture that will be implemented
- Supporting and working closely with DBAs
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional industry experience
- Linux system administration experience is very important.
- Extensive experienced with ETL, including unstructured data sets.
- Advanced skill levels with a variety of programming languages: PHP (5,7,8), Python (3), Bash
- Advanced skill levels with relational query languages: ANSII SQL, TSQL
- Advanced understanding and usage of various database platforms: MySQL (5, 8), MSSQL, Parquet, Redis, DynamoDB
- Proficiency with Git is a must have (bitbucket specific tooling is nice to have)
- Ability to write clean, easy to follow, and testable code. This is very important. While all code that you'll come across is not to these standards, that is how you'll move things forward.
- Familiar with AWS Tooling: Lambda, Glue, Athena, Redshift, EventBridge, Cloudwatch, S3, etc.
Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, we can provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed.
We’ve spent the past 15 years building a culture that makes us excited to come to work in the morning. Our company is fast paced, teammates need to be self-directed and have an internal motivation to do the right thing, even when the right thing takes a lot of hard work.
We show our teammates our appreciation by offering great benefits, competitive pay, and solid opportunity for growth.